Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Teach , Guide, Calm and Comfort

Teach, Guide, Calm and Comfort.....This is what the Holy Ghost does for me. Sometimes I forget to listen and that is when I get off track in my life.

Frankly I'm a bit haunted by the fact that I've forgotten this recently in my dealings with one of our sons. I was reactionary instead of a good listener.

It's not fashionable in our day and age to submit patiently the purpose of our life and relationships to the Lord. But the sweet spirit of the Holy ghost prompts us well if we are patient and are unfettered by so much emotion and distraction in our daily lives.

I began to understand what it meant to be more patient this week as I paused to pray and seek answers and to be still.

I had to adjust my thinking and learned to wait on the Lord for the answers I was seeking. I needed to "be still and know" like Brigham Young once told us. Oh boy was that enlightening! It was amazing to hear exactly what I had been needing to hear on a woman's conference tape today.

Hopefully I can stay on track now. It's not easy being a mom or a wife some days. It is worth it though. Life is a blessing again. I'm ready to listen again.

No comments: