Sunday, October 17, 2010

Always Be Yourself....It's a Good Thing!

I found this in my drafts folder and realized how far I've come over the past year. Life continues to amaze me! I hope you enjoy this and continue to read about my journey. Elder Otis has been out for over a year now. I can't wait to speak to him at Christmas!.......This was written a year ago.

Recently, our youngest son entered the Mission Training Center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is now beginning a two year mission as a full time missionary. We are so happy for him.

I haven't been writing very much here or anywhere for that matter. I'm trying to correct that starting today. I've been caught up in a trial of my heart, and the healing of my body that has been all consuming--The past six months or so deflated my spirits and made me feel very sad. It has be alleviated by getting healthy again and our youngest son entering the MTC and serving a mission. All is well now. I feel like I can move forward at this time. It's wonderful!

I belong to a women's group for missionary moms. I love it! It makes me realize how loved we are by our beloved Heavenly Father. I see their struggles and their faith and my own spirit soars. I'm able to help where I'm needed and that service heals my own spiritual wounds. Service is so key in moving outside ourselves and our pain and suffering. I know it's true.

This week I've conversed with women all over the world whom I have come to love. They cheer me on and I am able to respond in kind. It's a blessing in my life to be able to help in some small way.

We are all so different and yet, so alike in our struggles as Latter-day Saint women! We are really not ever alone. Heavenly Father most often works through others who don't even know they are helping to have our prayers answered.

I've been so blessed with the sweetest daughter in law in the world! We all love her dearly and soon our second son will be marrying an equally amazing woman. Two daughters in one year! Wow! I'm overjoyed to be so blessed! This is a very happy time of my life indeed. Jason and Julie's wedding was last May and Matt and Jelly's wedding will be on December 30Th. I can't wait to see our kids! How I've missed them as they attend college!

A quote really struck me as true this week. "Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter!" So true! In my younger years I remember feeling stiff and even superior with excess pride.To my regret, I often judged others.

As my life progressed and I matured, I loosened up and had many life lessons that made me realize that pride was baggage. That is was painful. As I set it aside the blessings began to flow into my life. I learned to love myself and others more fully. How blessed my life became! Those blessings continue as I can see the love in the things others say and do and don't take offense so easily. It's a good thing too.

No comments: