Sunday, October 17, 2010

Money Will Buy a Fine Dog....

As I read the posts here I realize that my sense of humor is not coming through. My spiritual side however does. So, in the future I'm going to be showing both sides of myself. I hope you enjoy this quirky part of me.

My kids are cringing from across the miles! I just know it! Ha!

I have found the humor in my own trials in life. I can laugh about nearly anything that comes my way. Having lived through so many health scares and seen the blessings of my healing on so many occasions--I know that our trials are often temporary. Those that aren't need to be triumphed over spiritually. I've been given the gift to see the lighter side of things. I think it helps get me through constant adversity.

I love harder, laugh often, find joy in the little things and have a life filled with joy! It's the coolest thing ever!

I wasn't always this way though. I went through my dark years. Many times I thought I was being punished. When I finally came to my senses it was when I nearly gave up the fight. One of my children saved me. While I was praying and pleading to be healed from beneath the comforter, a little face appeared over the end of my bed. I knew I was needed. I knew as I gazed into his green eyes, that I was so loved and worried over. I chose life in those moments.

Being happy is a choice for some of us. It doesn't come easily until you have practiced it for so long that it becomes a way of life! Choose to smile in the face of adversity! Choose to love those around you no matter how awful they can be. Choose to find the humor in the ridiculous and devastating things that come your way. Don't wallow in your sorrow. Hey! Yes! I'm talking to you and to myself. I slipped into that dark place off and on the last six months! It happens. I forgot to find joy. It nearly overcame me as I struggled, until I remembered my blessings and began to, yes, count them one by one. It's important to re-evaluate your life sometimes and repent and move forward.

When we give up the fight to find joy in our lives, and allow the darkness and worldly things overcome us--we lose so much more than we realize. "Man" was meant to have joy!

A funny aphorism was sent to my gmail today. "Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail." This jumped out at me, big time! I strive to be kind to all I meet. Why? Well, it's what Jesus would do. It's how those who were cruel to my family were not. It's a way to move past that treatment and rise above it. It has been the biggest blessing in my life! I get a little lift with each smile that is returned, each simple kind act that is preformed. Those are blessing people. Try being kind today. Start with a smile, it's free and it's amazing!

No comments: