Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Most Amazing Trip and a Sweet Grandson's Birth! Part 1

We just returned from Utah. It was the most amazing trip!

 My husband and I have now officially become grandparents. We are absolutely thrilled! Logan Edward Otis was born over a week ago on a Monday at about 4:30 PM. His mom Julie did great! She is a wonderful Mommy and our son Jason is the most amazing dad! He takes such good care of Julie and Logan. We have been so pleased to see his kindness, compassion and generosity shine. It makes being a parent of sons such a blessing to witness.

I was captivated by the miracle that Logan truly is only minutes after his birth. His eyes were open wide and I'll never forget the love I felt for him so immediately. This is our first grandchild and I was pleased as the memory of his own fathers birth and subsequent childhood swept me away and rushed in to fill my heart once again. Such sweet memories of the baby lotion, baby chortles the nursing noises and the warmth of our grandson in my arms that felt so comforting and oh so familiar. How I had missed these sensations as a mother! What a joy it was to finally feel it all once again.

The most amazing part is that I was alive to enjoy it all. How many times I had wept in the past praying I'd be here for this moment in time. Now I can look beyond this birth to the next birth expected in February when our son Matthew's sweet wife gives birth to our second grandson! I can hardly wait! By then I hope to have the final pounds off once and for all. I'll be able to do so much more to help our girls while I'm out there when I do. Staying healthy is my goal with this weight loss. I can't wait to start lifting weights this month. Living a long life is the byproduct of my HCG protocol. I know my clients understand this concept as do many of you out there who are trying to get strong and healthy. My gratitude knows no bounds when I consider where I was a year ago and where I am now...
.
Our trip was about Logan, but we were also excited to do quite a few more things while we were there due to the perfect timing of his birth.

We stopped in a town down below Vernal before getting to BYU-- to see some missionary mom friends. We missed them by an hour! How sad I was! But Patty found us in town and took us out to lunch. I was so glad to see this dear sister! She is so sweet! We enjoyed her and her girlfriend's company and a lovely lunch. When we parted ways I knew I'd see her again in the future. Plus we do have our MM group. It's wonderful to hug a friend who's shared so much of herself with me online. What a blessing to see her.

When we got into town, we went straight to the BYU campus and onto our son Matthew's mission reunion. We were able to meet his mission president and his wife and many of the Elders and sisters our son served with in Yekaterinburg Russia. It was a blessing to be able to participate in. The food was wonderful and meeting these great men and women was very refreshing. I had actually never considered that I would be able to attend one of these events. This was yet, another miracle.

After we left the reunion, our son took us to the lab where he works on campus. I was like going back to the 1940's or 50's. He seems right at home there. He informed us that he works in the only building on campus that isn't earthquake proof as well....He works in the basement. I try not to think about it. I placed him firmly in the Lords hands when he served in Russia. I think I can handle an old building now. ha ha!

Matt works for an Entomologist. His major is in conservation biology with an emfasis on entomology--I think I got that right. He has changed his major a few times as do most young people. He will be finishing up there at BYU in a couple of years and I think wants to get his PHD eventually. His wife Jelly is graduating in April with a degree in psychology. Then they will be coming home to the University of MN for graduate school. At least that's the plan for now. Things always seem to change though, so we are just waiting to see what the Lord provides.

When we finished up at the lab, they took us to their new little home in Mapleton. They live in a basement apartment of a family home. I was able to meet the sweet family they rent from. I'm so grateful our kids live with such a kind hearted family. With the worsening economy and the ushering in of the last days, it is truly a comfort to have our kids living with such good families. It makes it all the more bearable to picture this in my minds eye. It makes the ache a little better while they are away simply knowing they are safe. I'm sure some of my readers understand.

We said our goodbye's with the promise that they'd spend the weekend with us and go to conference with is the following weekend, and headed from Mapleton to South Jordan. Our son Jason and his his very pregnant wife Julie, were living in a basement apartment of her parents family home. It was so wonderful to be able to stay in her families home. Julie was absolutely radiant and beautiful!

end of part 1

No comments: