Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"You're Skinny Mama!"

The day I finally weighed less than my husband was such a huge relief! I didn't realize how much it had bugged me to outweigh him. Now, he can even pick me up off my feet! Yikes! Not sure I like that much, but it was fun when he did! I think he enjoyed hearing me squeal! lol!

Some of the things that are easier to do these days are very simple. I can kneel and pray by my bed each morning and night without hurting. I can bend over to weed my garden. I can stand long enough to cook a meal--or two or three! I can tie my own shoes and give myself a pedicure. Yes, all those things used to be difficult. Now that I've lost over 100 lbs, life is fun again!

When you're obese (hate that word) your life slows down. You don't have the energy to keep up with the world that seems to be passing you by. If you do manage to keep up, it's exhausting. I don't know how many time I made excuses, sometimes very legitimate excuses not to go to social functions. I was easily tired, sore, short of breathe and self conscience about my weight. It was hard. I was lonesome and sad a lot. I felt like a bad mom and a bad wife for letting everyone down. Thank goodness I was a nice person or they may have just given up on me altogether. But they stuck by me and loved me despite my medical issues that brought me to this point.

Why am I sharing this? Because I understand this kind of pain. My calling in life now, is to alleviate this particular type of suffering. Through the HCG drops that I sell and the updated protocol Doctor Stockwell has developed, I can help. It's amazing! First I helped myself though. My own weight loss is ongoing. I have 40 or so lbs to go!

My son, the missionary, was shocked to see my most recent photo's. His comment was, "You're Skinny Mama!" Well, I don't know about skinny, but I am healthy now. I feel great, I am happier than I have been in 20 years. My dad says I look like I did in High School. Not sure about that either, but it sure was a boost for me to hear his opinion.

I can walk for miles without being tired. I can wear pretty clothes---real sizes off the rack! Wow! I actually enjoy shopping now. I dig in my garden-- relishing each moment I can work the soil and soak up the sunshine!

In September I get to welcome our first grandson into our family! I'll get to watch him grow and learn and play now. It is such a blessing!

Blessings come in all shapes and forms during a lifetime. Right now my blessing is in helping others do the same thing I've done since October. Life is amazing! Do like I did and start living it again! You will be amazed at what you've been missing!

2 comments:

Nighmom said...

You are amazing. I am so proud of you. What you have done takes tremendous self discipline and determination. You are a hero to me. Hugs from Wisconsin.

Nighmom said...

Plus I love it that your son knows that the correct english is "you're" not "your". I wish I had a nickle for every time I have seen that in the past year. I would be that much closer to retirement. :-)