Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Like the Children of God We Are!

"Those that learn best, have the capacity to learn from others." Yes! Every person you meet , whatever their condition in this life-- is someone we can learn from.

They are all my brothers and sisters and I love them. If the Lord sees the most humble persons divine potential, so must I. I'm so glad He has seen my potential, even when I didn't see it myself. He sees more clearly my divine heritage and I'm so grateful!

"The greatest learners expect resistance and learn to overcome it"--says President Eyring. So many famous people have lived through one discouragement after another, only to step right up and be determined to work through it and get it right the next time!

Oh, we complain sometimes. Life is a test, isn't it? I've learned not to complain so much these days. To look for hope instead of discouragement is my goal. The greater the test, the greater the compliment from Heavenly Father. Heck, we should all be so grateful he thinks so highly of us all! He knows we can overcome so much more than we realize.

What trials lay ahead for me? I'll never know. I've learned to see that we will all face difficulty in the days and years ahead. But we know that Heavenly Father will give us no test without a way to overcome it!

We need to stay determined in our righteous desires of our hearts. We need to expect the place of those things that bring humility and the power to learn. It transforms our lives. We need to act like the Children of God that we are! What would He do in our circumstance. Do what you have been prompted to do and do it today! Don't doubt the Holy Ghost after you have asked for help from Him above. He loves you! You are not forgotten!

"Seek correction, work hard, get through the daily adversity life throws in your path." You can do hard things. We all can!

I testify that you are a child of God. Jesus Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer. I know that we have a Prophet of God on the earth today. We have the power to rise up to the privileges that God wants to grant each and every one of us. Of this I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!

* Thoughts based on a talk I listened to by President Eyring today. Amazing and inspiring!

No comments: